Attorneys in our corporate practice have assisted the firm’s clients in all corporate matters, including but not limited to the following areas:
- Formation of corporate entities including but not limited to corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships and non-profit entities:
- Formulation and implementation of strategies for mergers and acquisitions between privately held companies;
- Development of corporate governance best practices for numerous clients;
- Establishment of personnel policies and guidelines including the implementation of a sexual harassment education program;
- Establishment of branch offices or subsidiaries in domestic and foreign jurisdictions;
- Represent high net worth individual in its investment of a venture capital fund;
- Acquisition of all necessary licenses and permits in the operation of a business;
- Identification of and coordination with local counsel for the establishment of a presence in a foreign jurisdiction, including matters of currency and political risk;
- Formulation and implementation of effective tax strategies in domestic and international transactions, including without limitation, transfer pricing, corporate structure, sales tax compliance and non-profit compliance;
- Review, advice and coordination of environmental remediation programs and identification of environmental matters including reportable events;
- Negotiation and preparation of shareholder agreements; and
- Preparation of agreements in all forms of commercial transactions with particular expertise in information technology staffing, construction, e-commerce, real estate, biotechnology and aircraft and vessel leasing.
We work closely with officers, directors and shareholders of our corporate clients to provide effective and efficient solutions to their operational and expansion plans. For clients of closely held entities, we assist them in maintaining shareholder relations and providing long term advice on how to prevent avoidable shareholder disputes. Our attorneys are also leaders in the field of employment relations, assisting our clients in formulating effective policies to minimize legitimate employee claims and lawsuits.